Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries
Online Masters Degree
Deadline: 15 March 2022 (annual)
Study in: any Country
Course starts September 2022
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower middle income Commonwealth countries, for part-time Master’s study by distance learning on selected courses offered by UK universities.
Host Institution(s) and Online Courses offered:
See the list of commonwealth-distance-learning-scholarships-2022-eligible-courses/
Number of Scholarships:
Nationals of Commonwealth Developing Countries:
Bangladesh, Belize, Cameroon, Eswatini, Ghana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, The Gambia, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia
A Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship covers tuition fees and study grants where required.
To apply for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship
- You must apply to study an eligible Master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Distance Learning scheme. You must also secure admission to your course in addition to applying for a Distance Learning Scholarship. You must check with your chosen university for their specific advice on when to apply, admission requirements, and rules for applying.
- To apply for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, you must make your application using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS), in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your chosen university. All applications must be submitted by 18:00 (GMT) on 15 March 2022 at the latest. Supporting documents must be submitted by 17:00 (GMT) on 5 April 2022.
- It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship. All enquiries about these scholarships should be directed to the university to which you wish to apply.
Official Scholarship Website: