Have you ever dreamt of studying in France? The good news for you is that you can actualize those dreams!
Indeed, studying abroad can be highly burdensome. With all the processes and steps to take, anyone can feel discouraged about it. However, you can now pursue your education without financial stress with scholarship programs available.
In this post, I’ll show you the best scholarships in France with details on them.
The best scholarships in France include:
- Eiffel Scholarships in France
- Université Paris-Saclay International Master’s Scholarships
- The Ampère Scholarships of Excellence
Eiffel Scholarships in France
The French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs established this scholarship program. However, the goal is to draw outstanding international students to French higher institutions. The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship works for only those enrolling for their master’s and Ph.D. programs.
Other goals of the scholarship include:
- Assisting students up to 25 years old from developing countries with master-level education.
- Helping applicants up to 30 years old from developing countries with Ph.D. level education
- Aiding future decision-makers from abroad in their areas of specialization.
Sadly, Eiffel doesn’t cover tuition fees. Nevertheless, the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs expects all institutions to offer the best financial support.
The value of the scholarships depends on the program you’re offering. The master’s level provides a monthly allowance of €1,1,81, which is renewable for up to three years. Moreover, for the Ph.D. level, it offers €1,700 for twelve months only.
Additionally, it covers various other schooling expenses. It covers travel expenses within and outside France, health insurance, local transportation, and more. Furthermore, candidates may also get housing allowances as the condition requires allowances for cultural activities.
Below are some of the criteria all applicants must fulfill. All applicants must:
- Be a non-French citizen. Applicants who share French citizenship cannot participate.
- Be nominated by a French institution once. Hence, double nominations will lead to disqualification.
- Not be more than 25 years old for masters and not less than 30 years old for Ph.D.
- Have not received another French government scholarship in any form at the time of application.
- Be applying for the programs the French government considers eligible.
- Meet the language requirements of the program in question.
- Not be studying in France already.
- Have not applied for another master’s competition and got rejected irrespective of the application conditions.
- Not necessarily be someone who hasn’t received a scholarship award. However, this condition applies only to those for a doctorate. Institutions can nominate people who have previously received a scholarship at the master’s level.
The platform doesn’t accept any direct applications. Therefore, all applicants must submit their applications to French Higher Education Institutions. These institutions will then forward it to the Eiffel body.
Hence, applicants have to meet all requirements of the Higher institutions they would like to use. It is only then that they can receive consideration for the scholarship. Any application coming directly from a student is void.
Visit the institution’s website for more information on the application and deadlines.
Université Paris-Saclay International Master’s Scholarships
This scholarship is one of the best in France available to international students. Its goals include:
- Assisting exceptional foreign students with attending the university.
- Helping those aiming to develop an academic project with research up to doctoral level.
- Increasing access for students from abroad to partake in its master’s programs
The Universite Paris-Saclay achieves its goals through the IDEX scholarships. Additionally, the number of awards for students is not specified. It offers all Master’s programs except for vocational training.
The scholarship has a value of €10,000 per year. The University pays this amount through the academic year, approximately ten months. Also, it is renewable for two years though this largely relies on the admission level, M1 or M2.
The scholarship covers tuition fees and other associated expenses. It offers another amount of €1,000 for visa and additional travel costs. This part of the funding depends on the candidate’s country of origin.
For students to be eligible, they must receive admission into one of the schools in line with the scholarship. These institutions include:
- ENS Paris-Saclay
Additionally, applicants must:
- Be new students of not more than 30 years old
- Not come from French soil and living in the French soil for less than a year
- Undergo language classes like type FFL
Conclusively, applicants are ineligible if:
- They are holding any scholarship with an amount greater than €650 per month
- Enrolled in a French higher education institution during their studies. This criterion does not apply to students enrolled in French higher institutions outside the French soil.
- They have disturbed their studies for more than three years consecutively
The first step is to apply for a master’s program at Université Paris-Saclay. Afterward, the University should have offered you admission into the program. This admission does not guarantee or entitle you to the scholarship.
Those who the school selects will receive a link to the application form through email. This link is the university’s invite to the candidates, and only those who receive this link can apply. The University will not accept anything outside this.
Visit the school’s website for more information on the deadlines.
The Ampère Scholarships of Excellence
The ENS de Lyon institution offers this scholarship for outstanding international students. It is an opportunity to study an eligible master’s program the university offers. It provides up to 20 awards for specific programs at the institution.
The value of the scholarship is €1,000 a month up to a year. It is renewable for two years. However, the master’s program head must select the candidate for renewal.
Some of the significant criteria for the scholarship are:
- The award is only open to students from abroad
- Applicants must not be less than 26 years old
- They must provide proof of a License or an equivalent diploma
Visit the scholarship website for more details on eligibility.
Application forms are available on the school site. Candidates must complete the application form and submit it with the supporting documents. All submissions must come in before the deadline.