Are you a student looking for Scholarships or funds to carry on your educational needs? If yes, Gardiner Scholarship Program is available for various course levels and the scholarship is offered by different universities and colleges.
The Gardiner Scholarship Program and grants are for both local and international students. So interested students should start now and search for the courses that suit them.
Applications for Gardiner Scholarship Program are now open. Just take your time and go through this post, as this article has arranged every detail you need and listed the top Nursing scholarships for national and international students.
How to Apply for Gardiner Scholarship Program
Here is some brief descriptions of the top Gardiner Scholarship Program.
What You Need to Know About Gardiner Scholarship 2023/2023
Level/Field of Study
The Scholarship is open to Florida Student from 3 years to 22 years old or 12th grade with special needs or disabilities as listed in the Eligibility section below.
The Step Up For Students is a USA state-approved nonprofit scholarship-funding organization that administers scholarships for Florida schoolchildren.
Some of the scholarships they administer include The Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program (FTC) for low-income children and Gardiner Scholarship (PLSA) for children with special needs.
The Gardiner Scholarship Program 2023 is open to only USA citizens or permanent residents in Florida, USA.
The funding of the scholarship is prorated based on the date the student is found eligible by the SFO.
- Applications that are received on or before August 1 and found eligible on or before September 1 = 100%
- Applications that are received on or before October 1 and found eligible on or before November 1 = 75%
- The Applications which are received on or before January 1 and found eligible on or before February 1 = 50%
- Applications that are received on or before March 1 and found eligible on or before April 1 = 25%
However, the amount varies based on the counties and grades as stated in the Pdf below:
Gardiner Scholarship Amount
The eligibility criteria for the Gardiner Scholarship Program 2023 is stated below:
- The Scholarship is open to Florida Student from 3 years to 22 years old or 12th grade, whichever comes first, with the following disabilities: Autism Spectrum Disorder, Muscular Dystrophy, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Spina Bifida, Williams Syndrome, Phelan-McDermid Syndrome, or Delayed Mind ( severe cognitive impairment).
- Students aged 3, 4 or 5 who are lagging behind or deemed ‘high risk’ due to developmental delays may be eligible for the year they apply. (Please note that students must not be older than 5 on September 1st.)
- Students need an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) from a Florida school district or an official diagnosis from a Florida-licensed physician or psychologist.
- Students must be at least 3 or 4 years old on September 1st. The incoming kindergarten students must be 5 years on or before 1 September. First-grade students must be 6 years old by September 1st.
- Students can participate in the Gardiner Scholarship Program (PLSA) as part of home education. However, they can not be registered on any other state-sponsored scholarship (McKay Scholarship or Florida Tax Credit Scholarship).
How to Apply
Renewal Families: If your child uses a Step Up Gardiner Scholarship (formerly PLSA) for the 2017-2018 school year, click on the following link to apply for the 2023 school year or to access your account using your existing user name and password.
New Families: They also accepting scholarship applications for the 2023 school year, with priority being given to previously waitlisted students.
All applicants must have an email address to create an online application. If you do not have an active email address, create one first to start the application.
First-time applicants, please click on the link below to begin your application.
If you are an applicant who applied for the Gardiner Scholarship with Step Up in a previous year or have started an application for the 2023/2023 school year, but you must access your account to submit documents, check status, etc. Click here to login with your existing username and password. to login with your existing username and password.
If you have forgotten your password, check out the “Forgot Password” link for help.
All applications should be made on or before June 30, 2023, as funding priority will be given to those who submitted before the stated deadline.
However, all new students found eligible for the Gardiner Scholarship 2023 will be placed on a waitlist, due to a requirement to provide renewal students priority.
For more information on the Gardiner Scholarship Program 2023, interested applicants should click on the link below:
If you have any questions, you can call 1-877-735-7837