Do you want to pursue your higher education without the troubles of funding choking you? Interestingly, you can do so with some German Masters and PhD Scholarships to assist you. Hence, bring some time to explore some of these funding and apply for some.
In this post, you’ll discover some German Master’s and Ph.D. Scholarships you can try today. Also, you’ll get information on their details, benefits, requirements, and application processes. Therefore, ensure you stick to this post to the end.
Here are some exclusive German master’s and Ph.D. Scholarships for you to try today:
- DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
- Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students
- Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships for International Students
Also Read: Undergraduate Scholarships in Russia
DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
Germany has proven to be one of the best countries for studying abroad. If you plan on studying in Germany, the DAAD Scholarships are just right for you. However, you must meet all requirements of the scholarship for success.
The German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) offers these awards for students going for Development-Related postgraduate courses. It is a way of supporting their dreams of studying in a state-recognized university in the country.
The scholarship offers about €800 every month to graduates. Also, it provides €1,200 every month for doctoral candidates.
It covers accidents, health, and other liability insurance. Furthermore, it covers travel expenses if the home country doesn’t cover them or in the absence of different sources.
For masters, it lasts for 12 to 24 months. Likewise, for a Ph.D., it lasts for 42 months. Annually, there is a limited number of Scholarship awards.
The applicants must:
- Have a four-year bachelor’s degree from a course related to their present subject.
- Be currently working in a public or private company in a developing country. Hence, they should be involved in planning and executing projects that emphasize development policies.
- Have an academic degree with at least an upper third, far above average.
- Attain at least two years of professional experience after their bachelor’s.
- Have a minimum of B1 in the German language if the target course is in the German language. Also, they must be able to prove their credits.
- Have qualifications in the English Language if the target course is in Language. Likewise, they must be able to prove their credits.
In this scholarship, the application goes via the respective courses. Therefore, you have to go through your target course website for all information on the application. Also, keep in mind that the deadline varies with the courses.
Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students
Here is another opportunity at one of the reputable universities in Germany. The Heinrich Boll Foundation offers selected students awards to students outside Germany who wish to study.
The value of the scholarships differs with the type of program. Also, it varies with the student’s background concerning EU and non-EU students.
For Masters studies:
- EU students get approximately €650 every month. Additionally, they get €300 for studying materials.
- For non-EU students, they get €850 every month. Also, there are additional allowances for personal needs.
For Ph.D. studies:
- EU students get €1350 every month. Additionally, they shall receive €100 monthly as a research allowance.
- Non-EU students shall receive €1200 per month with €100 as a mobility allowance. Also, there are other allowances and no provision for tuition fees.
There is no specific number of awards the platform gives. The awards are renewable for two years. However, there are cases where the awardee may receive an extra six months.
Firstly, you must be a master’s student who has earned earlier degrees outside Germany. Afterward, ensure you meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must be applying for their masters for the first time.
- They must be able to provide proof of their professional qualifications.
For Ph.D. students, keep in mind that you must have earned your entrance qualification from outside Germany like the former. Afterward, ensure you meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must have applied for admission to a state-recognized university in Germany.
- Applicants must have received an offer of admission from the university they are pursuing. Hence, they must provide proof of their admission.
- All applicants must have finished their preliminary work by the application date.
- Keep in mind that the foundation will preference Ph.D. subjects that focus on the Foundation’s activities.
All applicants should go through the information sheet A 1-1 or A 1-2 for application information. These sheets are available on the scholarship website. Finally, ensure you apply before the deadline.
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships for International Students
German provisions are open on the list again with Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships. Students who are highly qualified and love to study in Germany may apply today. Also, the students must show a high interest in social and political engagements.
Notably, the scholarship does not cover tuition fees. However, it does offer a living grant throughout the study.
Additionally, the funding offers support for a wide range of activities. This support comes in the form of:
- Political events
- Summer schools
- Home and abroad trips and so on.
Furthermore, it enhances their managerial skills. It teaches time and self-management, conflict management, and other life coping skills.
The candidates must meet the following requirements:
- They must be international students pursuing a Master’s or Ph.D. program in a reputable German university.
- All candidates must be temporarily residing in Germany for study purposes.
- The candidates must show their German language proficiency, having B2 or more.
- All applicants must meet the academic requirements and be ready to provide proof of it.
- Women have more preferences.
- Applicants have to show their zeal for political and social engagement.
- Applying candidates should note that their family background is also a criterion the body will crosscheck.
Interested persons should ensure they meet all the requirements above. Those who don’t meet all their needs will reduce their chances of success.
Afterward, eligible candidates should apply online through the scholarship site. Finally, ensure you apply before the scholarship deadline.