Are you a student looking for Scholarships or funds to carry on your educational needs? or are you an undergraduate or postgraduate student looking for an opportunity to study abroad? If yes, The Global Korea Scholarship 2023/2024 is available for various course levels and the scholarship is offered by different universities and colleges.
The Global Korea Scholarship and grants are for both local and international students. So interested students should start now and search for the courses that suit them.
Applications for the Global Korea Scholarship 2023/2024 are now open. Just take your time and go through this post, as this article has arranged every detail you need to know about the Global Korea Scholarship.
This scholarship is offered for masters and undergraduate studies for the 2022-2023 session. The scholarship covers the living expenses, settlement allowance, airfare, and medical insurance.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters
- Institution(s): SNUs partner universities
- Study in: South Korea
- Program Period: 4 months or 10 months (depending on the student’s exchange period)
- Deadline: September / February(Annually)
College of Humanities
- Korean Language and Literature
- Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- French Language and Literature
- German Language and Literature
- Russian Language and Literature
- Hispanic Language and Literature
- Asian Languages and Civilizations
- Korean History
- Asian History
- Western History
- Archaeology and Art History
- Religious Studies
College of Social Sciences
- Political Science and International Relations
- Political Science
- International Relations
- Social Welfare
College of Natural Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physics and Astronomy
- Biological Sciences
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- Plant Science
- Forest Sciences
- Food and Animal Biotechnology
- Applied Biology and Chemistry
- Biosystems & Biomaterials Science and Engineering
- Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering
- Agricultural Economics and Rural Development
College of Business Administration
- Business Administration
College of Education
- Korean Language Education
- English Education
- German Language Education
- French Language Education
- Social Studies Education
- History Education
- Geography Education
- Ethics Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
- Chemistry Education
- Biology Education
- Earth Science Education
- Physical Education
College of Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Architecture and Architectural Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Energy Resources Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
College of Fine Arts
- Oriental Painting
- Crafts and Design
College of Liberal Studies
- Liberal Studies
College of Human Ecology
- Consumer and Child Studies
- Food and Nutrition
- Textiles, Merchandising, and Fashion Design
College of Music
- Vocal Music
- Instrumental Music
- Korean Music
College of Nursing
College of Pharmacy
- Manufacturing Pharmacy
College of Veterinary Medicine
- Preliminary Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine
Interdisciplinary Programs for Undergraduates
- Computational Sciences
- Global Environmental Management
- Information Science and Culture Studies
- Media Art
- Technology Management
- Comparative Studies for East Asian Humanities
- COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is restricted to students who are currently majoring in business or economics at their home university.
- Applicants who apply for the KOREAN HISTORY/ PSYCHOLOGY/ STATISTICS MAJOR must provide proof of Korean language ability. A satisfactory level of Korean language ability should be either (1) Level 5 or above of the official Korean Language Proficiency Test or (2) Level 5 or above of the Korean Test conducted at the SNU Language Institute.
- COLLEGE OF LAW is NOT open to undergraduate level students from Spring 2018.
- School of Law, a specialized law school for graduate-level students, will be open to undergraduate level students from Fall 2018. Please note that these undergraduate students will be enrolled as graduate (Master’s) students in SNU law school during their study.
Applicants who want to study in the discipline of Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Nursing, Music, and MBA must, in advance, be advised of the eligibility by SNU coordinators.
- COLLEGE OF MEDICINE is no longer available to exchange students.
- COLLEGE OF DENTISTRY is open ONLY to masters level students currently enrolled in a master program at School of Dentistry or equivalent at their home university. The student exchange program is NOT available at the undergraduate level for the College of Dentistry.
- VOCAL MUSIC MAJOR is restricted to students who are currently studying vocal music at their home university.
GKS Scholarship provides the recipient with the below benefits:
- Living Expenses: 500,000 won per month.
- Settlement allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival.
- Round-trip Airfare: Reimbursement available within the set amount.
- Medical Insurance:20,000 won per month(paid by each university).
Eligibility Criteria for GKS
To qualify for GKS Scholarship, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Applicants must currently be enrolled in at least the second semester of the home university program (= have completed at least one semester before they apply)
* We cannot thus accept graduate students who are enrolled in the first semester of the Master’s program at their application stage.
- Applicants must fulfill the following GPA requirement. (from Fall 2020’s admission)
- Undergraduate: GPA 2.5/4.0 (equivalent to 2.7/4.3) or percentile rank 83
- Masters: GPA 3.0/4.0 (equivalent to 3.3/4.3) or percentile rank 89
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants must be nominated by their universities and the application package should be sent by the university by e-mail, along with a formal nomination letter for the GKS scholarship.
- The nominated students will receive detailed information on how to log in and apply online by the designated SNU coordinator.
- Apply to the exchange program through the On-line Application Form, fill in the application, and upload the scanned copies of the documents below to the application system:
- A Certificate of Enrollment from the current university you are attending.
- Official University Transcript.
- Letter of Recommendation from a professor at the current university.
- A Statement of Purpose (a free essay in English or Korean).
- A copy of the Applicant’s Passport.
- For Fine Arts, Music, and Physical Education applicants: Photographs of works/recording of performances
For more information on the exchange programme, Click here.
- Submit the application.
- Exchange program candidates can complete the application by online submission.
- All documents should be submitted and posted in ORIGINAL or verified as an official copy and should be in Korean or in English. If your documents are not in Korean or in English, please have your document translated into Korean or in English and have confirmed and sealed by an authorized body.
To know more about Global Korea Scholarship, please visit the official website: