Oxford University is one of the best universities globally in the history of higher institutions. If you’re looking forward to applying for scholarships at Oxford, you might be on a long road. Indeed, there are many hustles you’ll face when pursuing such scholarships, mainly because of the massive competition.
However, you should know that it is not impossible to get a scholarship offer at the University of Oxford. As long as you follow the protocols rightly, you will receive the grant if you merit it.
In this post, you’ll get comprehensive information on some of the scholarship grants at the University of Oxford. Also, you’ll learn about their benefits, criteria for participation, and application processes. Therefore, you should stick this post to the end so you won’t miss out on any detail.
Here are some of the top scholarships at Oxford University to apply for:
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
- Hill Foundation Scholarships
- Ertegun Graduate Scholarship Program
Also Read: Postgraduate Scholarships in Russia
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
Under the umbrella of the Commonwealth, there are many scholarships for international students. The Commonwealth is an organisation of Britain’s former colonies, now coming together for mutual growth and development. Resultantly, one of the programs that foster this development is their scholarship offers.
Annually, this scheme rewards a non-specific amount of outstanding students with grants for their Master’s in Oxford. The project is a joint initiative between the University of Oxford and the UK Department for International Development (DFID). Furthermore, the funding goal is to support students from developing countries, unable to study in the UK.
Firstly, the scholarship covers the tuition fees. Again, it settles on the college fees and other studying expenses. Also, there is a grant worth approximately 13,000 euros for living costs.
All applicants must meet the requirements. The scholarship organisers will not consider anyone who doesn’t meet all criteria.
- Every applicant must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country. There is a long list of Commonwealth countries that anyone can access online.
- Anyone who has lived or studied or is presently living or studying in a developing country is not eligible.
- The academic requirement and qualification is a first-class or upper second class level.
- Applicants must be willing to return to their home country after completing their studies. Hence, they are to return when the award comes to an end.
- The applicants must portray their financial needs by proving that none of their relatives can pay for UK tuition. However, the applicants do not necessarily need to provide this in their application. They can do this if they get the nomination for the institution.
Here’s what you need to do to apply successfully:
- Firstly, apply for an eligible Master’s program
- Once you meet all the criteria, the board will inform you
- Afterwards, you can then apply for the scholarship by picking an application form
Conclusively, candidates should be aware that the deadline for application varies depending on the course. Hence, ensure you’re aware of your course deadline details before applying.
Hill Foundation Scholarships
If you’re a Russian who wishes to study at the University of Oxford, this is your most significant opportunity. This grant favours academically meritorious Russians pursuing a Master’s degree at the university.
Initially, it was a charity project from the university, and it remains one today. It continues with its aim of improving Russian life and cultural activities in the community of Oxford scholars. Annually, ten individuals receive this award making it one of the best scholarships at Oxford.
The scholarship is fully-funded. It completely covers the entire tuition and other college fees. Additionally, it provides grants for living expenses and lasts through the whole duration of the course.
All interested persons must meet the following requirements:
- They must be Russian students. This condition means that the students should be citizens and residents of Russia.
- All applicants must be applying to begin a Master’s or DPhil degree at Oxford University.
- Candidates should obtain an undergraduate degree from a Russian university. Hence, anyone who enrols for a degree program outside Russia is ineligible.
- Candidates must have high academic abilities with personal and social orderliness. Keep in mind that the scholarships go with merit only.
- Students applying for postgraduate certificates and postgraduate diploma courses are not eligible. Also, candidates applying for part-time or non-matriculated courses cannot apply. Again, those who hold deferred offers are not eligible to apply.
- All applicants are to return to Russia for at least a year after completing their studies in the UK.
Firstly, interested persons must pick the University of Oxford graduate application form. In this form, they will find the segment where they fill out a scholarship. Here, they will fill the part for the Hill Foundation Scholarship Program.
The deadline for the application differs from the course. Therefore, all candidates should know the various deadlines before applying for their course.
Ertegun Graduate Scholarship Programs
This scholarship stands as Mica and Ahmet Ertegun’s legacy at the University of Oxford. Oxford is proud to offer this scholarship specifically to those applying to courses in the Humanities department. The goal of the scholarship is to attract students who will realise Mica and Ahmet Ertegun’s dreams.
Furthermore, they seek candidates who will become leaders in their chosen fields. They groom these students in a stimulating, challenging and competitive learning atmosphere with the scholarship.
The scholarship covers the entire tuition fee of the students. Additionally, there are allowances for living expenses and other benefits. Annually, the living costs are worth about 16,000 pounds.
Also, there is the unique feature of an Ertegun House for accommodation purposes. Finally, these awards last all through the duration of the course. Annually, it awards up to 15 scholarships.
- Applicants must be international students
- They must be willing to achieve the dream purpose of the scholarship
- Every applicant must be willing to study a course in the Department of Humanities
For other criteria, candidates should visit the scholarship site.
You begin by applying for admission into the University of Oxford. Afterwards, ensure you fill the scholarship section of your application. Submit your application before the deadline.