As someone aspiring to study further in the medical department, the fees may get challenging. However, with some postgraduate scholarships for medical students, you can easily pull through it.
You may wonder if you can get a scholarship for further education in medicine. Indeed, you can do so, and with some steps, you might just land one.
In this post, I’ll introduce the top postgraduate scholarships for medical students. You will also get information on their benefits, eligibility, requirements, and, finally, their application process. Sit tight and ensure you stick to this post to the end.
Here are some of the top postgraduate scholarships for medical students you should try today:
- Commonwealth Masters Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries
- Edinburgh Global Online Distance Learning Scholarships
- Orange Knowledge Program in the Netherlands
- Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
Commonwealth Masters Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries
Commonwealth of Nations is the term that defines all the independent countries which the British Empire once colonized. The UK Department for International Development (DFID) funds students from developing countries who aspire to study in the United Kingdom.
It covers tuition along with other fees for schooling. Furthermore, it covers flight expenses to and from the UK with other allowances. There are no specific amount of awards.
Here’s what interested persons must know:
- The candidate must be a citizen or refugee of an eligible Commonwealth country. Also, those persons under British protection are eligible. Again, they have to be permanent residents of these countries or another eligible Commonwealth country.
- Candidates must be ready to resume studies at the onset of the academic session.
- They must be graduates with first-class honours or second-class degrees. It must be the candidate’s first master’s degree.
- In the application, they will need to explain why they want to undertake their study. Additionally, the applicant must provide all the scholarship’s supporting documents in suitable formats.
- They have to portray the financial need
Sadly, they don’t accept any direct applications. There are three major channels that applicants can use to apply:
- National nominating agencies
- Some eligible non-governmental organizations
- Specific charitable bodies
Secondly, candidates should keep in mind that the first option is the most preferable. Every applicant should check with the nominating body for more advice. Thereafter, the body will give them information on their specific requirements and application deadlines.
Importantly, candidates should submit through the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS). Sadly, they don’t accept applications outside this online application system. Finally, ensure you submit and do everything necessary before the deadline.
Edinburgh Global Online Distance Learning Scholarships
This funding is one of the most convenient postgraduate scholarships for medical students. Edinburgh is now making way for online courses with the growing need for virtual classes. Twelve awards will go out to students offering an online part-time Master’s course at the university.
The funding covers the regular tuition fee. Moreover, it lasts all through the years of study.
- Candidates must be citizens of the eligible countries. The scholarship recognizes some specific countries. Therefore, interested persons should kindly check the site for more information.
- They must have applied for a part-time Master’s course at the University of Edinburgh. Furthermore, the school must have offered them admission for their course.
- Every candidate must be willing to commence studies as the session begins
The first step towards the application is to apply for your course at the University of Edinburgh. Thereafter, eligible students should fill out the online application before the highlighted deadline.
Orange Knowledge Program in the Netherlands
The Netherlands is one of the best places to study globally. For those who wish to learn in this buoyant country, the Orange Knowledge Program is open for you. The program aims to enhance the students’ educational and vocational qualifications in various fields.
The scholarships stand to contribute to your quota of finances. It adds up to your salary to cover living costs, tuition, travel, insurance, etc. Any other expenses the fund won’t cover depend wholly on you.
- The applicant must work for one of the local organizations the platform recognizes. These organizations include ministries, education institutions, NGOs, etc.
- The applicant must be a professional who can apply whatever he learned in practice.
- Some specific countries are in line with the scholarship, and only applications from these countries will make it through. Interested persons need to visit the website for a complete list of countries.
- Applicants must meet the requirements of the programs they choose. Hence, in this scenario, they should be out for the demands of medical aspirants.
- No applicant can receive more than one scholarship funding.
All applicants should know that these rules extend on the scholarship site. Therefore, they must visit the website for comprehensive information.
Firstly, there’ll be three rounds for the scholarship with their respective deadlines so keep note of your choices. Applications are direct so apply with the Dutch higher institution you feel okay with. Finally, for more information on the application, contact the Dutch higher education institution of your choice.
Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
Sweden is another home for international students to achieve their learning goals. The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) targets students with leadership potentials for Sustainable Development. It offers 350 scholarships – the highest number on the list – contributing to a better educational system.
It covers the entire tuition fee with living expenses. Additionally, it offers allowances for one-time travel, insurance, and others. The funding is for the full-time one or two-year master’s programs.
Furthermore, it doesn’t cover family member expenses or application fees to the university.
Here are some points with regards to the eligibility:
- Applicants must come from eligible countries. You can visit the website for a complete list of eligible countries.
- They must have gathered work experience from at least three organizations.
- The candidates must show their leadership qualities and experiences in their places of work.
- They must have followed all the steps necessary for admission and secured their entry to the university.
Finally, kindly note that there is more information regarding issues like residence, dual citizenship, etc. Therefore, candidates should visit the official site for more details.
After securing your admission, you’ll get an eight-digit number to further your application for the scholarship. Apply for the scholarship through an online portal and submit before the deadline.