Finland isn’t exactly one of the most popular places to study, like the U.S. or the U.K. Nevertheless, it is a speedily developing country with numerous opportunities that favour students within and abroad. Hence, if you’re looking forward to pursuing postgraduate scholarships in Finland, you’ve made a good decision.
In this post, I’ll introduce some of the best postgraduate scholarships in Finland. Also, you’ll get in-depth information on their benefits, criteria, and application process. If you’re ready to learn something new about Finland grants, stick to this post to the end.
Here are the top three postgraduate scholarships in Finland:
- University of Helsinki International Master’s Program Scholarships
- International Master’s Scholarship in Finland at the University of Oulu
- Study a Masters in Europe Scholarships
University of Helsinki International Master’s Program Scholarships
The University of Helsinki is offering excellent students a chance at a grant in the institution. This funding is open to those from outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland aiming for a Master’s degree. There is no specific number of scholarships, and as long as you meet their requirements, it’s a good choice.
The grant comes in two ways. The candidate may receive a fully-funded grant. Here, the student will receive a tuition fee grant. Additionally, they will receive 10,000 euros for other schooling expenses.
Secondly, the candidate may receive a full tuition fee grant only with no additional values. Also, the scholarship is renewable for two years.
For applicants to be eligible, they must meet the following requirements:
- Only candidates who are not from EU/EEA countries or Switzerland may apply
- Applicants who don’t have permanent residence status in any EU/EEA country are liable for tuition fees
- All applicants must be applying for a Master’s degree program at the University of Helsinki
- Applicants must meet the requirements for an entry visa and residence permit in Finland
- All candidates must prove their academic performance with excellent results from their previous studies. Again, they will need this proof during their application.
Firstly, candidates must apply for an International Master’s Program. Also, they must be offering a program eligible in the institution.
Afterwards, candidates are to pick and fill out an application form on the university’s website. Lastly, ensure you submit before the deadline.
International Master’s Scholarship in Finland at the University of Oulu
At the University of Oulu, you don’t need to pay the tuition fees as an international student. The institution doesn’t charge international students pursuing their Master’s degree at the university. Also, any Master’s degree at the university is eligible.
The University of Oulu is an excellent option for any international student willing to study in Finland. It’s one of the most prominent and most standard universities. Hence, there is no reason anyone would not want to study at this institution.
The scholarship is a full tuition fee waiver. Hence, candidates are to ensure they can cater to their needs during the duration of their studies.
Every applicant must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- They must have gotten their first academic degree. Usually, they should have their bachelor’s degree or any equivalent degree from a higher institution.
- Their degree must be equivalent to three years of full-time studies.
- Lastly, candidates should ensure they meet all the admission requirements for the specific program they choose
The university is in partnership with the University Admissions in Finland. Hence, the University Admission Finland is responsible for all application processing. All applicants are to submit their documents to the organisation for further processes.
The organisation will screen your documents and check your eligibility and authenticity. Finally, they should all submit their application before the deadline.
Study a Masters in Europe Scholarships
Studying for a Masters in Europe doesn’t just concern Finland but several other countries in Europe. Therefore, every European institution works with the scholarship. Also, every master’s degree is eligible in any language.
Annually, Educations.com offers only one Study, a Master’s in Europe, to international students globally. The target audience is students who have the potential to become global leaders. To proceed, candidates should ensure they meet all the scholarship criteria.
The scholarship value is approximately 5,000 euros. It covers tuition fees and other schooling expenses.
The following requirements are necessary for applying students:
- All applicants must have an undergraduate or bachelor’s degree
- They must meet all the requirements of the university they choose
- Candidates must meet the language requirements for the course they want to apply to
- All applicants must have applied to a university or graduate school popular within Europe
- They must be applying for a Master’s degree in the coming session
- All applicants must be applying for this degree program within Europe. However, applicants applying for distance learning are eligible if it’s from a European institution
- Every candidate is to have a relevant study visa for a foreign country
- They are not to be legal residents of the European country they are applying for
Finally, the candidates must meet the following criteria in terms of character:
- They must be academically sound and globally-minded
- All are to have an interest in other cultures
- They should have the drive to change the world positively
- The organisers are looking for those with the zeal to begin exploring
- All applicants should be participants in extra-curricular activities
The application works through online submission. Firstly, all applicants will have to write a short essay of 500 to 700 words. The essay will be on the topic: ‘Why did you choose your study abroad country?’
Furthermore, the essay will discuss ‘How your study country will help you grow as a globally-minded leader’. Again, candidates should make their submissions in English.
They should put all their efforts into their essays. This essay will be the bedrock of their decisions during the selection process. Notably, the judges will also look through your supporting documents and other files. All applicants should make their submissions before the deadline.