Saudi Arabia is one of the exciting countries you can study in. Indeed, with numerous cultures and exciting scenarios, your higher education can never remain the same. Moreover, with postgraduate scholarships in Saudi Arabia, the experience can only improve.
In this post, you’ll get to know some of the top scholarships in Saudi Arabia. Also, you’ll get information on their details, benefits, requirements, and application processes. Therefore, stick to this post to the end so you won’t miss a single piece of information.
Here are some of the best scholarships in Saudi Arabia:
- King Abdulaziz Postgraduate Scholarship Program
- Mahmoud S. Rabbani Scholarships
- Islamic Development Bank Scholarships
King Abdulaziz Postgraduate Scholarship Program
King Abdulaziz University is one of the best and most famous in Saudi Arabia. Also, it offers all types of programs from Science to Arts and Humanities, Engineering, etc., for Masters and PhD. Furthermore, it is friendly to international students worldwide as long as they meet its requirements.
Hence, you should try this scholarship today.
The scholarship offers numerous benefits. They include:
- Airfare and other travel-related expenses.
- A first-time two-month stipend when candidates just arrive as preparation allowance.
- Further monthly stipends.
- Extra distinction allowance for exceptional students.
- Emergency subsidies with other financial aids.
- Employment opportunities
- Allowance for the student’s family
- Accommodation and living costs
- Reduced cost of feeding
- Discount in Healthcare.
Here are some of the criteria for students applying for Master’s and Ph.D.:
- The age limit for a Master’s is 30 years old, and for Ph.D., it is 35 years old.
- All applicants must have two recommendation letters from faculty members of the previous program.
- An applicant must not be someone who a Saudi institution dismissed or expelled.
- The student must have an outstanding qualifications in his previous program.
- All applicants must have the English Language Test Certificate.
- Those studying Arabic language and literature, Islamic law, or other related programs must be sound in Arabic.
To apply for the university scholarship, interested persons should follow the process:
- Begin by creating an account on the university’s website
- Afterward, applicants should register for their Master’s or Ph.D. program.
- Applicants may then pick an application form and submit it online with all necessary documents. The documents the applicant should have are:
- Valid passport of at least one year
- Language Proficiency Certificate
- A copy of the transcript which the Saudi Embassy certified
- The applicant’s curriculum vitae
- A copy of the previous degree certificate, which the Saudi Embassy certified
- Statement of purpose, which should be in the English Language
- Recommendation letters from two professors in the applicant’s previous program
Mahmoud S. Rabbani Scholarships
Mahmoud S. Rabbani Scholarships is popular as MSR Scholarship. It’s a program that gives candidates personal and professional guidance, mentoring, and strengthening them.
The scholarship is in honor of the founder of the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation. Moreso, it is for Master’s and Ph.D. students in the Netherlands or Dutch areas. Again, it bridges the gap between Arab and European countries and fosters interactions between their students.
The scholarship is worth approximately €15,000. Hence, it covers schooling costs and expenses.
Here are the basic requirements every applicant must meet:
- Nationality: it’s not open to all students but to those from certain countries. These countries include; Iraq, Kuwait, Egypt, Oman, Qatar, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, etc. Also, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, UAE, Lebanon, Yemen, Tunisia, and Bahrain are eligible countries.
- Dutch Nationality: if an applicant is from the Netherlands, he must be a Dutch national to be eligible.
- Language: the eligible language is the English Language. Hence, all applicants must be good at English.
- Documents: the applicants must provide all the necessary documents. Importantly, they must provide an official acceptance letter for their Master’s or Ph.D. program.
Interested persons should apply for the MSR scholarships online. However, when completing their application, they will need the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Passport (colored)
- Letter of acceptance from the university, which is hosting for the year in the Netherlands
- A motivation and purpose statement from the applicant
- Two references from academic or professional referees which they must sign
- Multiple copies of degrees or diplomas with academic transcripts
- A breakdown of financial information, including tuition fees and living expenses, income sources, and others for studying that year
- Signature with the date on the MSR Scholarship Application Form you’ll fill
Therefore, candidates should get everything ready before the due time.
Islamic Development Bank Scholarships
IsDB Scholarships is one of the best scholarships in Saudi Arabia for home and international students. It is a fully-funded scholarship for students pursuing Master’s, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees. Annually, it supports students in their education after following a simple process.
The program covers the entire tuition fee of the students. Also, it covers the following:
- Medical costs
- Airfare (economy class return tickets)
- Living expenses monthly
- Allowance for schooling projects
- Mentorship programs for student orientation
The criteria largely depend on the program (undergraduate, Master’s, or Ph.D.). However, this post will cover the Master’s and Ph.D. requirements. Here are the characteristics that qualify a student:
- Masters Program
- Students must be academically sound with outstanding results from previous programs.
- They must have a research proposal that defines the relevance of their program to the overall societal development.
- The organization will give more preference to those with work experience.
- Ph.D. Program
- Candidates must have a master’s degree in a relevant program.
- They must provide a research proposal relevant to their community
- All candidates must be academically outstanding.
- Other general requirements
- Students must be medically fit
- Commitment is necessary for all candidates
- They are to respect the laws of the country
- All candidates must not seek or accept any other scholarships in the course of their program
- They must maintain good conduct for a clean record
Firstly, the applicant must have applied to the university of choice. Again, the university must have offered them admission, which they will accept. Afterward, they may proceed to pick an IsDB Scholarship form.
In filling out the form, the candidates must provide some necessary documents. Hence, they must get all their documents ready before applying.
Furthermore, the documents differ from the programs they’re going for. Hence, all applicants should visit the scholarship site for a complete breakdown.