Indeed, Canada is one of the best places to study today. A scholarship to study in Canada can help you experience the beauty of studying in the country without stress. Hence, every student should be seeking the easiest scholarships in Canada to reduce the tension and burden of fees.
In this post, you discover the easiest scholarships in Canada for students like you. Also, you’ll learn about their benefits, requirements, and application processes. You don’t need to undergo stress when seeking a scholarship so relax and read to the end.
Here are some of the easiest scholarships in Canada for students globally:
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
- IDRC Research Awards
- Carleton University Awards for International Students
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
Banting Fellowships are one of the best and easiest scholarships in Canada. The award goes to students who are willing to contribute to the nation’s economy. Also, the student must be ready to partake in a research-intensive career.
The Fellowships are worth approximately 70,000 Canadian Dollars. However, the organizers share this amount equally among the three top Canadian research agencies. The funding is one-time and lasts for two years.
Firstly, all applicants must ensure they meet these requirements. Importantly, these requirements are in
- Degree Requirements: The candidate must have successfully scaled through the previous level of education. Notably, Banting only seeks to aid postgraduate students. Hence, all candidates must have all degree requirements for a Ph.D.
- Citizenship: all candidates from Canada are eligible. Also, international students may apply.
- Residency: permanent residents of the country are eligible.
- Host Institution Requirements: Canadian universities with certain foreign universities are eligible. Also, some research hospitals and colleges work with the program.
- Previous Awards: Applicants who previously received a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship are not eligible.
- Criteria: Applicants who don’t meet all the requirements will not receive the awards.
The application process is quite long. However, once you follow it up duly, you’ll have no issues with your application.
Firstly, you need to ensure you meet all the criterAfterwardards, contact the host institution for all the information you need on the application process.
Secondly, register for your Canadian Common CV and a ResearchNet account. Again, you’ll need to link both accounts.
Thereafter, you may fill out your application online. Notably, you’ll need to provide all information from your info to details on your field of study.
Lastly, ensure you provide your supporting documents for a higher chance. Once you’ve settled it, give your consent and apply before the deadline.
IDRC Research Awards
The parliament of Canada established the International Development Research Center (IDRC) as a public corporation in 1970. The goal of this center is to assist developing countries in finding solutions to general problems using science and technology.
The scholarship has a value of approximately 42,000CAD to 48,000CAD.
Here are some of the requirements for the scholarship:
- The applicant may be a Canadian citizen or a developing country citizen. Also, a permanent resident in Canada is eligible.
- The applicant must have a valid work permit. However, it must be for full-time work, 37.5 hours a week.
- Students from low or middle-income countries are eligible. However, they must have a valid work permit and attend a Canadian university.
- The students must have completed their Master’s program in a prestigious university. Notably, those enrolled in the first two years of their Ph.D. program will receive more preference.
All applicants should visit the site for more eligibility information.
Firstly, applicants should pick the necessary forms on the scholarship website. They will need to complete their research proposal, academic proposal, and professional qualifications. The candidates will submit all these forms with their applications.
Furthermore, they will need to submit their valid full-time work permit or a student work permit. Importantly, these documents must be a part of your application. Otherwise, consider the application null and void.
Carleton University Awards for International Students
Carleton University is one of the most prestigious institutions in Canada. Hence, every student will dream of participating in the Carleton University Awards.
Additionally, the university offers several awards to eligible international students. Each of the awards has its worth and values and how long they last. Nevertheless, they are all highly reputable.
The benefits differ from award to award. Also, the number of awards they give varies concerning the type.
The worth of the award ranges from $20,000 to $30,000. Furthermore, each of them is renewable in different ways. Applicants should visit the university site for more information.
- It is an undergraduate award. Hence, it is only open for those entering secondary school. Also, anyone who has begun post-secondary school is not eligible.
- Candidates must have attained exceptional academic results. They will need an average of 90 percent or higher.
- Candidates must also prove their participation in extracurricular activities during school. Additionally, this will help with higher chances for the scholarship.
- Lastly, candidates should not pick two forms. One form covers all prestigious scholarships.
Interested persons should download the PDF file and fill it out. Afterward, they should include any additional documents they may need. Lastly, they should submit through mail, fax, or email before the deadline.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program
Vanier Canada is one of the top easiest scholarships in Canada with high value. Up to 166 scholarships will go to world-class doctor students who show excellence in their studies. The program aims to boost the reputation of Canada in the educational sector.
The applicants receive funding worth about $50,000. Interestingly, this amount is renewable for three years.
The first significant element is that a Canadian institution must nominate the applicant. Moreover, this institution must have a Vanier CGS quota.
Furthermore, candidates must:
- Be pursuing their first doctoral degree
- Show their outstanding academic performance
- Have not held or presently hold a doctoral-level fellowship from CIHR, SSHRC, or NSERC
The applicants must come in through nomination from the institution. Afterward, the candidates will prepare their applications and submit them to the nominating body. Thereafter, the nominating body will forward it to the organizers.