Are you a student looking for a Fellowship or funds to carry on your educational needs? or are you an undergraduate or postgraduate student looking for an opportunity to study abroad? If yes, The Facebook Fellowship 2023/2024 is available for various course levels and the scholarship is offered by different universities and colleges.
The Facebook Fellowship and grants are for both local and international students. So interested students should start now and search for the courses that suit them.
Applications for the Facebook Fellowship 2023/2024 are now open. Just take your time and go through this post, as this article has arranged every detail you need to know about the Facebook Fellowship.
This scholarship is offered for doctoral research studies. The scholarship covers two years of study and fees, an annual stipend, and conference travel aid.
The fellowships are offered in computer science, computer engineering, or a related area. The winners of the fellowship are entitled to receive two years of study and fees, an annual stipend, and conference travel aid.
Applications will be assessed on the basis of the strength of the student’s research statement, the publishing record, and the letter of recommendation. The Facebook Fellowship Program is intended to encourage and assist promising doctoral scholars involved in innovative and applicable studies in fields relevant to computer science and engineering.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): Facebook
- Study in: An accredited university in any country
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See the list below
- Program Period: Two years.
- Deadline: September 20, 2022 (Application will open on August 03, 2022)
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Computer Graphics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- AR/VR Future Technologies
- Blockchain and Cryptoeconomics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Database Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Energy Efficient Video
- Instagram/FB App Well-being and Safety
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking Applied Statistics
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Security and Privacy
- Social and Economic Policy
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- Systems for Machine Learning
For more information on our topical areas of interest please visit the website here.
Facebook Fellowship Program provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- $42,000 grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit
- Tuition money will be paid directly to the school, the stipend will be sent directly to the fellow unless otherwise specified. Stipends are taxable based on local law.
Eligibility Criteria for Facebook Fellowship Program
To be eligible for Facebook Fellowship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Students’ work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas above)
- Full-time Ph.D. students who are currently involved in ongoing research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
- First or second-year Ph.D. students who fit the criteria of a minority group that is under-represented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
- Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
- Read the Terms and Conditions for the Facebook Fellowship program.
How to Apply for Facebook Fellowship Program?
Please follow the following steps to avail Facebook Fellowship Program:
(1) Keep up to date with the application page from HERE
(2) All applicants will need to use their Facebook accounts to apply.
(3) Applications Must Include
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
- 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the research areas)
- 2 letters of recommendation to be uploaded with your application. Please provide reference email addresses, and one reference must be from an academic adviser
(4) When you fill out the application, you will be asked to input an email address for your references. Your references will receive an email with a link to submit their letter. Please ensure that the contact information you enter for your references is accurate.
(5) The application will allow you to save or submit after entering information. You may go back and edit your application up to the due date.
To know more about Facebook Fellowship Program, please visit the official website: