Are you Muslim seeking scholarships for Muslim students to assist you with your funding as you further your education? Indeed, you might worry about your religion and wonder if it’s possible for Muslims. Interestingly, there are scholarships for Muslim students to assist people like you easily.
In this post, I’ll show you some of the top scholarships for Muslim students in this post. Also, you’ll get information on their benefits, criteria, and application processes. Hence, if you’re willing to increase your chances for these grants, stick with this post to the end.
Here are some of the best scholarships for Muslim students:
- Islamic Scholarship Fund
- Muslim Youth University Merit-based Scholarships
- Islamic centre of Minnesota Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Fatima Al Fihri Scholarship Program
Islamic Scholarship Fund
As long as you merit it, you stand a chance of winning one of the Islamic Scholarship Funds awards. This funding aims to promote the religion globally and among applicants as well. Also, it helps people understand and accept Islam in every field and sphere of life.
It opens the doors to networking opportunities for Muslims to work anywhere in the United States and abroad. Furthermore, it promotes the image of Muslims and fosters acceptability in several departments. All the while, it still assists with financial funding for students depending on their academic merits.
Candidates will receive a grant worth $2,000 to $10,000 with other opportunities. Additionally, they should be aware that the number of grants is limited.
Interested persons must ensure they meet the following requirements:
- All applicants are to be Muslims. However, anyone an active member of a Muslim community may apply.
- Candidates are eligible only if they are presently studying in one of the universities in the United States.
- Applicants must be permanent residents of the United States
- All applicants should meet an academic qualification of at least a 3.0 GPA
Firstly, applicants should ensure they get the following documents ready:
- A video introduction
- Work Samples
- College transcripts from the previous program
- Essay questions
- Two letters of recommendation by a professor from the previous program or an employer from last work.
Secondly, applicants may proceed to apply online under one of the two types of applications available. Afterwards, the selection committee will go through the screening of all applications. They will then get back to the students by calling the successful candidates for an interview.
Muslim Youth University Merit-based Scholarships
The Muslim Youth University offers a 100% tuition fee waiver to students pursuing any program in the college. It provides these awards based on the student’s academic excellence in the F.A examination of the year.
Additionally, this exam determines the type of funding the student will receive. Hence, the students have to put in efforts to ensure they emerge with the best grades possible. There is no specific number of scholarships as it largely depends on the decision of the University Scholarship Committee.
The scholarship benefits depend on the performance of the student in the exam. However, they will get a tuition fee relief in the first semester, irrespective of their grades.
Students with 80% and higher aggregate in the exam in one attempt will get a 100% tuition fee waiver. In one attempt, those who get 75% in their aggregate marks will apply for a 50% tuition waiver.
Furthermore, tuition exemption comes in if the candidate merits it with an outstanding performance in subsequent times. However, if the candidate doesn’t meet up to the standards, they will receive 50% of the tuition fee waiver subsequently. If the student gets much below standards, the Board may deny renewal of the grant.
- Only students from Pakistan can apply.
- Every applicant must prove their academic standards
Interested persons should apply online
Islamic Center of Minnesota Scholarship
This funding began in 1992 and has assisted numerous students globally with schooling fees. The award aims to appreciate and encourage college students for their academic achievements. Annually, it accesses students through their financial needs and service to the community and rewards them for participation.
Furthermore, the ICM Board offers approximately ten scholarships annually, judging from previous editions. These scholarships are in two categories – ICM Merit Awards and ICM Financial Need & Merit Awards.
The scholarship is worth approximately $10,000. However, this amount may change with the edition.
To be eligible for this scholarship program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Only Muslim students are eligible
- They should be US residents, especially those living in Minnesota
- Students who are in their senior year of high school are open to applying for the next academic year
- Candidates must be full-time students who have enrolled in a registered degree program at a reputable university
- They should have academic excellence with at least a cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a scale of 4.0
- Any person who is a relative or dependant of a member of the scholarship committee cannot apply
- All candidates are to fill out the form and submit it with all supporting documents
Interested persons should apply for the scholarship online. Hence, everyone who wishes to participate should pick up the form on the scholarship site. Importantly, they must submit this application with two letters of recommendation from previous study programs.
Erasmus Mundus Fatima Al Fihri Scholarship Program
Erasmus Mundus is a very common scholarship program for studying in Africa and Europe. The Fatima Al Fihri Program works with 20 North African and Europe universities.
Furthermore, the scholarship covers courses in all fields and levels, from undergraduate to graduate programs.
The scholarship coverage depends on the program the student chooses. Firstly, it covers the mobility grant. Secondly, it offers a monthly subsistence allowance, with grades as follows:
- 1,000 euros for undergraduate and master’s programs
- 1,500 euros for a doctorate
- 1,800 euros for a post-doctorate
Additionally, there is funding for Accident, Health, and Travel Insurance with grants for trips.
- Applicants must come from the eligible countries
- The candidate must not have resided or carried out any significant activity in the eligible European countries.
- They must provide proof of language proficiency
Interested persons are to apply online. All applications should be in English