It’s never too late to begin to pursue your academic dreams anywhere around the world. Hence, if you’ve ever dreamt of studying in a beautiful country like Australia, those dreams can now come true. With some exciting scholarships from universities in Australia, studying can never be more accessible.
In this post, I’ll show you the top four scholarships that Australian universities offer students. Also, you’ll be getting information on their details, benefits, eligibility requirements, and application procedure. So, stick to this post to the end to make your choice flawlessly.
The top four Australian university scholarships are:
- The University of Melbourne Scholarships
- Griffith Remarkable Scholarships
- University of Sydney International Scholarships
- Macquarie Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships
The University of Melbourne Scholarships
The University of Melbourne sets out to support international students with the Melbourne Scholarships every academic year. The school offers a large number of about 400 scholarships for those offering a Master’s or Doctoral degree. As a matter of fact, it is one of the top Australian university scholarships.
The scholarship is out for students who have accumulated substantial achievements in their previous study area. Melbourne funding works with any eligible graduate research degree at the university. Furthermore, it accepts submissions from domestic students.
The numerous benefits include:
- Payment of the entire tuition fee for up to two years of the degree
- Grants for students outside Australia who need to relocate. The amount is $3,000 for these students
- Living allowances of approximately $32,400 per year for up to two years to cater for living expenses
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) membership to cover health issues
The scholarship is open to students both at home and abroad applying for graduate studies at the university. If you are in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, you are eligible. Visit the school’s website for more details on eligibility.
Once you have applied successfully for a graduate research course at the university, the university automatically considers you. Simply ensure you have applied for this course before the closing date. For more information on the scholarship and access to an application form, visit the university site.
Griffith Remarkable Scholarship
Griffith University reaches out to outstanding students to support their academics financially. It is open for anyone applying for undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Griffith University.
The target students are citizens from countries aside from Australia and New Zealand. The number of scholarships that the school gives is not specified.
The funding covers 50% of the tuition fees, deducting it from the actual amount of your undergraduate or postgraduate program. There are other minor incentives, making it one of the top Australian university scholarships.
For the scholarship, applicants must:
- Come from any other country aside from Australia and New Zealand
- Have finished and applied to study at Griffith University before the closing date
- Meet the academic and, more specifically English requirements, the chosen course requires
- Obtain a minimum GPA of 5.5 or above on a 7 point scale in a previous study or an equivalent
- Be a full-time student resuming with the school, starting in Trimester 2 or 3
After applying to study undergraduate or postgraduate coursework at Griffith University, proceed with the scholarship application. For your application, you will need:
- Your academic record, bearing details of your achievements, qualification, and other educational standings
- A personal statement
Ensure you make your submission before the closing date. Keep in mind that there is a separate deadline for Trimester 2 and Trimester 3. Visit the website for more information on how to apply.
University of Sydney International Scholarship
The University of Sydney funds this scholarship program yearly. High and potential postgraduate students who wish to study for a master’s or Ph.D. at the university are eligible. Being among the top Australian university scholarship, Sydney is out to sponsor such international candidates who meet their other requirements.
The number of awards is not specified. Also, the value of the award varies with every annual season.
In a previous edition, the funding was worth $35 629. This amount covers the tuition fees of the student as well as the living costs. Additionally, the students gain other incentives, making it one of the top Australian university scholarships.
For an applicant to qualify, the person must meet just a few requirements. They include:
- Candidates must have applied for admission into the University of Sydney
- The applicants must have received an unconditional offer of admission. Also, those undergoing master’s by research or Ph.D. in the university are eligible.
- All applicants must be commencing students from abroad or one who has enrolled.
- The University of Sydney requires all applicants to have excellent academic achievement with high potential in research.
As the candidate applies for the course at the university, the applicant may proceed to apply for the scholarship simultaneously. During the application to the university, the commencing student has to tick the check box for scholarship consideration.
Applications are always open, all year round but have deadlines in between. Ensure you apply at the appropriate time.
Macquarie Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships
Macquarie Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship of the University of Macquarie is one of the best and most competitive funding for international students. It aims at awarding academically sound students and recognizing excellent scholars. The grant is a partial one for students who wish to study for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in the institution.
The number of awards is not specified. Also, only students outside Australia and New Zealand can participate.
The scholarship has a worth of 10,000 Australian Dollars, deducted from the candidate’s tuition fee. The candidate cannot renew it. Also, it doesn’t cover any additional costs like living expenses, travel, accommodation, OSHC, etc.
All applying candidates must:
- Achieve a minimum WAM equivalent of 65 for postgraduate funding and ATAR of 85 for undergraduate funding
- Have gotten admission to Macquarie University for the bachelor’s or postgraduate coursework degree
- Meet all other academic and English Language requirements for a course at the university
The process for applying for the scholarship is very straightforward. However, interested persons should apply at least two to three months before the study session. The early move will give candidates enough time to arrange their visas and avoid frustrations.
To apply, pick an online application form from the school’s portal to put in for a course. After the school processes your application, you will get a unique Student Number to proceed with the scholarship application.
On the scholarship portal, pick an online scholarship application form. Ensure you put in “VCIS” in the scholarship name field and fill in other details.