Do you seek scholarships that can assist you with funding to further your education? You can rest assured that there are some prestigious scholarships for Muslim students from top brands if you do. Without hesitation, you can apply for any of the grants below today and get the funding you need.
In this post, you’ll get all the information necessary on the most significant scholarships for Muslim students. Furthermore, you’ll understand their benefits, requirements, and application processes. Hence, stick to this post to the end so you won’t miss a single detail.
Here are some of the most prestigious scholarships for Muslim students to study anywhere:
- Chevening-Oxford Center for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Fellowships
- Wheaton Refugee Scholarships
- Islamic Development Bank Scholarships
Chevening-Oxford Center for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Fellowships
When speaking of scholarships globally, Chevening is one of the best organisations for international students. Annually, they show their commitment to enhancing education by providing numerous awards to prospective students. You, too, can be one of those to enjoy these benefits.
Chevening has made a provision for Muslim students in this program. The program offers awards to appreciate students globally who display leadership potential. Furthermore, it targets those who wish to study or research at the Oxford Center for Islamic Studies.
Also, keep in mind that it picks students from some selected countries.
The scholarship award is fully-funded, and the organisation will handle all the expenses. Below, there is a list of all the expenses the funding authority will clear:
- Student’s entire living expenses in the United Kingdom through the duration of the fellowship
- Six months of opportunities to research at OCIS
- Allowance for projects and other study research
- Airfare for candidates to and from their specific countries
- Access to programs and other cultural events from the FCDO and Chevening Secretariat
Below are the criteria for applying students before the program can consider them eligible:
- All applicants must have the potential to rise to leadership positions in their various fields.
- The scholarship works with some countries alone. Hence, all candidates should ensure their countries are among the eligible countries before applying.
- All applicants must have a postgraduate degree or an equivalent qualification. Additionally, this is one fo the most important criteria, and their training or experience must be relevant in their fields.
- Any applicant who has received financial aid from HMG earlier can reapply. However, the applicant must have completed the earlier funding with at least five years gap and portray their progress.
- Every candidate must be willing to return to their country after completing their programs.
- The official language is English. Hence, all applicants must provide their English Language Proficiency proof during application.
Are you sure you meet all the criteria for the scholarship? If you do, congratulations as you proceed to the application stage.
The application for the scholarship is online, and all you need to do is pick your form. Afterwards, you are to do the following:
- Prepare a proposal that outlines the area of your academic research
- Also, ensure your proposal contains complete details on your program, including how you wish to conduct your research
- Make your submission before the deadline
Wheaton Refugee Scholarships
Students worldwide who have refugee status now have a chance to further their education. The Wheaton College in Massachusetts offers awards to these students to help them in their various careers. Furthermore, the school aims at developing the world with new innovations and educational opportunities.
Additionally, it struck when President Donald Trump gave an immigration order that temporarily banned numerous foreigners from the country. Hence, the school opened its doors to admit people from seven Muslim-majority countries and other refugees worldwide. It remains one of the most honourable feats to combat educational issues globally.
The scholarship is partial funding. It caters for 50% of the expenses, although it may be 75% in some cases.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have refugee status. Hence, they must be from a war-torn or deprived country or have legally entered the United States as refugees. Furthermore, those who don’t hold U.S. citizenship or permanent residence status in the U.S. may apply.
- All applicants must be applying for a full-time undergraduate bachelor’s degree in humanistic discipline and sciences. Also, they must be first-time applicants.
- They must portray their financial need and prove they cannot attend Wheaton without a scholarship.
- All applicants must be willing to obtain a visa to study in the U.S. if they eventually get admission. However, this is not necessary for those already within the U.S. on legal refugee status.
Applicants should make their applications through the Scholarship Council Canada. Hence, they should begin by obtaining an online form. Afterwards, they are to fill it with the proper execution and upload their write-ups.
Lastly, all submissions should come in before the deadline. Once an applicant submits, the platform will send an acknowledgement and receipt.
Islamic Development Bank Scholarships
The Islamic Development Bank offers awards to potential Muslim scholars to pursue several courses in several universities. It is awarded judging on the student’s merit and includes programs for their socio-economic growth. Furthermore, it helps the MCs and Muslim Communities achieve stable development in their relevant fields.
The award covers various parts of the student’s expenses. They include:
- Tuition fees as long as the IsDB approves it
- A monthly stipend for living expenses in any country of study
- Payment of medical bills at the university or a government hospital
- Airfare in the form of economy class return tickets. However, it is only at the beginning of the study and when returning after completion that the tickets are relevant.
The scholarship is very strict with keeping to the criteria. Therefore, if you do not meet all the requirements, kindly consider other options. Here are the primary criteria to meet for the award:
- All applicants must be citizens of the eligible IsDB countries. However, any candidate who doesn’t come from these member countries must be a Muslim to apply.
- Applicants must be academically sound with at least 70% in their high school GPA.
- The scholarship has some specific courses it awards, and the applicant must choose one of them to be eligible.
- Applicants must have their high school diplomas from a reputable school.
- They must provide proof of their language proficiency depending on the language their university teaches with.
- Candidates must be medically fit and strong and not receiving any other funding.
- Documents should be in English or French.
All interested persons who meet these criteria may apply online through the scholarship site.